Monday, September 17, 2007

O Self of self!



That the mere thought or remembrance of you suffices to still the mind
and harmonize the heart, I hereby testify.
That your invisible presence, spreading a spell of Silence, resolves all doubts,
dissolves all distractions, charms away all unhappiness and radiates peace and bliss,
I hearby testify.
That your angelic countenance and radiant look breathes compassion on all,
I hearby testify.
That you who were incarnate in a mortal mould are in truth the embodiment of Truth itself,
the supreme God walking on this earth,
moving and suffering with us all to sanctify and save all souls,
I hearby testify.
That you are the quintessence of all greatness and goodness,
of all knowledge and wisdom, of all merit and worthiness,
I hearby testify.
That you are all Gods, all Prophets, all Sages, indeed all beings and all worlds,
rolled into ONE,
I hearby testify.
O Self of self!

~ G. V. Subbaramayya, Ramana Pictorial Souvenir, 1967

No comments: